Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

It's been a looooong, long, long tiiiime!

Hello everyone!

I can't believe almost a whole year has passed since I lasted posted here. It has certainly been a whirl wind of a year.

My family welcomed a new healthy baby boy, born 13/10/2014 and thankfully he's been pretty good so far! I also had my in laws stay with me from Jordan for a few months, I can't thank them enough for all the help they gave me.

Seeing as I have a newborn and have chosen to breastfeed I found it vital that I try anything to keep my milk supply as high possible. So far I have tried eating and drinking fenugreek. Although it's great since it's all natural, on consumption you may find that your skin will start to smell like this seed. I didn't feel as though it has done a great deal to increase my milk supply so I ditched that and when onto lactation cookies!

I have searched for some recipes and have found that the main ingredients to make the cookies "work" are brewer's yeast, oats and flaxseed meal (linseed).

So far so good! I have noticed a slight increase in my milk and I get fuller faster and never really feel 'empty'.


You will find that the brewer's yeast will give it a bitter taste, which is what you want, as it is the component that has the most health benefits.

Ingredients

1/2 Cup butter ( low fat is best)
3/4 Brown sugar
1 egg
1 Tsp Vanilla
2-3 Tbsp Linseed meal
2-3 Tbsp water (depending on how moist you want it)
1 Cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 1/2 Cups oats
 Your own additional ingredients e.g. choc chips, coconut, nuts etc

Method

Pre- heat oven to 180 gas or 160 electric. Line biscuit try with baking paper.

1.Using a hand mixer or table top mixer cream butter and sugar then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
2. Place Linseed meal and water into a cup and allow to sit for a few minutes.
3. Place dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture along with water and linseed. Combine well.
4. Mix in oats and added extras to taste.
5. Using a teaspoon, scoop out mixture and place onto prepared baking tray. Wet the back of the spoon to slightly press down on the dough.
6. Allow to bake for 10 min.
Cool on baking rack.

In addition you could use a linseed (flaxseed) mixture which includes carob and berries.

Note: Using whole seeds is better than using crushed. The nutrients slightly deplete in the cooking process.

I hope you enjoyed my come back post! I hope this will help any mummas out there who deed a boob boost!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!